Sunday, September 28, 2008

So People Really Do Read Blogs

I have to share the coolest thing! On my blog, I talked about how I donate to RIF (Reading is Fundamental) and how I thought that teachers should make donations to organizations like this. Anyway, in the mail, I received a letter from a RIF representative thanking me for listing them on my Blog and being so supportive of their organization. It was obvious that they read parts of my Blog because the letter also mentioned that I would be a great "future teacher", so they knew based on my Blog comments that I was not a teacher yet.

I never really thought that my blog would be read by anybody outside of our class, but that scenario made me realize just how little the world is thanks to the Internet!

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Taran,

I know! How great is it?

Often I get notes from "outsiders" about the blog. I also have a couple followers who are not from SPC. You may even want to let your friends and family know about our blog and see where it goes.

Also, I know that other professors from SPC (Drs. Clayton and Ayala and others) look at the blog every so often.

Thanks for your comment!

Denise's 555 & 570 Blog said...

Congratulations! Your time and interest in education just shows your going to be a great teacher..good luck and once again congrats.
Denise