Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rocket Reader

I subscribed to a free trial for Rocket Reader at www.rocketreader.com and am using my 5 year old as my guinea pig. Anyway, I tried the site out first and was impressed with what I saw. I love that the site has audio because many early readers need the reinforcement of sound because they cannot figure out the words by themselves. Also, I liked the reward system that was used when a child finished a lesson. In addition, I thought that the "report" section was very informative for both parents and teachers. It gives a report about the child's knowledge level regarding the words s/he is working on, enables the production of flash cards, etc. I would definintely incorporate this website into my lesson plans when I become a teacher.

1 comment:

Mr. Healy said...

I'm glad you subscribed to it so we could get your feedback. Rocket Reader seemed pretty interesting. The video we saw seemed like a promotional video, and the teacher did not really show any emotion when describing the product.