Monday, March 23, 2009

Web Page Observations

Welcome back! I hope you all had a great Spring Break. I, unfortunately, have been stuck in the house for the last 3 weeks with 2 sick kids! They were taking turns spreading the germs, back and forth, back and forth....Anyway, I had a chance to check out some teachers' webpages that Dr. Luongo posted. Here's my thoughts...

On the positive side...
1. Great to have links for both kids AND parents.
2. Synergy is created when the webpage includes themes or overall school goals/ideas.
3. Helpful to have bilingual sites when a large minority group is present.

Be cautious about...
1. Posting student achievements--like honor roll, best grades on tests, etc. I do think it's important to publicly recognize student achievement, however when doing this, remember the kid that will NEVER make the honor or get an A on the math test. Be sure to find a way to recognize these kids for something so they feel included and worthy too!

No comments: