Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blogging

After reviewing Weblogg-ed at http://weblogg-ed.com/and Edublog Web Ring, two points struck me. First, there is so much information out there, it's actually mind boggling and overwhelming! Second, there is a place in the virtual world for everybody! The EduBlog Web Ring site at http://www.ringsurf.com/ring/edublog/ has websites listed for every imaginable teacher topic, interest, etc. Through this website, I found www.teacherweb.com which would be really helpful in creating your own teacher website. Also, on Weblogg-ed, I enjoyed the blogs that people posted, particularly one about how Facebook could potentially help students in the classroom!

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Taran,

My old school district used TeachWeb. I loved it. It is teacher-friendly and useful. It is a paid site, though.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Kristen Pryblick said...

I found lots of interesting information on there as well. It is great that there is all that information out there for teachers to use. I am really glad that Dr. Luongo shared that with us and that you posted the link just in case anyone missed it. Thanks for posting .. have a great week!

EricMc said...

nice job again Taran. I checked out the teacher web page and thought that would be a great way to post and keep students informed about what happened or is happening in the classroom.
however, i am very skeptical about facebook being useful in anyway in the classroom. it scares me to death to think what kids might do or be doing on a teacher related facebook page.