Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Internet Safety Video Reviews

After watching the following videos, Internet Safety I , Internet Safety II (for young children)
and Know the Rules!, I have mixed reviews. I thought that Internet Safety II and Know the Rules were aimed towards young children. I thought that they delivered the message consistently and in an age appropriate manner. I thought that Internet Safety II was the better of the two videos. I liked that it drilled its message into the listener's brain by consistently and constantly outlining the appropriate steps to take in order to be safe on the Internet.

I was not as impressed with Internet Safety I. Although the message was sound and seemed to be aimed at older children, I could not get passed all of the typos. This is one of my pet peeves, but to be honest, and coming from a business background, if you want your message to be received well and to be taken seriously, grammatical errors should be non-existent. The typos just made me focus on the lack of education and/or the lack of conscientiousness of the author and not on the message. It did not come across as professional and as such I would not take it seriously, nor would I recommend the site to others.

1 comment:

Ron's Blog said...

Succinctly, coming from the corporate environment as well, I agree with your sentiments regarding accuracy - It speaks to competency.

But, in this instance, as a parent, I was able to get past the obivious flaws, and focus on the more important message: Child Safety.