Sunday, February 8, 2009

WebQuest Tools

After reviewing all of the WebQuest tutorials and blogs that Dr. Luongo listed, I did not see any functionality to produce "audio" parts of a WebQuest. Admittedly, I did not search every single option yet and the functionality may in fact exist. Hopefully it does because I think that a WebQuest that provides audio would be extremely helpful when using it for kindergartners and early 1st graders. Of course, teachers can read the WebQuest pages to these young students, but I think part of WebQuest's charm is the fact that students go to the computer independently and build self confidence by being "big" because they can use a computer like their parents!

4 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

What a GREAT suggestion.

I will have to look into that. There must be a way!

;)

Let us know what you find out...

Dr. Luongo said...

Taran,

Take a look at this site.

http://eduscapes.com/sessions/decade/index.htm

Maybe you can find something to help you here.

Jessica P said...

I was thinking the same thing. I teach first grade and wanted to put an audio file of a story. Thanks Taran and Dr. Luongo. I will check out that site.

Taran said...

I checked out the website that you provided for trying to get audio on a WebQuest, but to no avail. I did learn about "avatars" and thought that creating one for the WebQuest would be cool. When I tried to create one on the "Second Life" link on the website at http://eduscapes.com/sessions/decade/index.htm,I didn't have any luck. It just kept asking me the same questions without actually processing my avatar. Neat to know that this stuff exists out there though and maybe at some point, I will try again!