Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WebQuest Ahas

Well, I have to say that completing my WebQuest was time consuming, but really FUN! Here's some interesting info. that I learned.
1. Save all info. intermittently or the page will be lost!
2. From what I can assess, WebQuest does not have an audio function where you can send audio messages or read the pages to the users.
3. Uploading images is time consuming due to pixel constraints, but the Picnik website was really helpful in getting pictures resized!
4. Although it gives you the option of upload several images at once, it doesn't actually work.
5. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment and pride being "published"!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Just wanted to comment on the "save your work as you go"...yeah, I actually deleted parts of my webQuest like five times and had to re-do it...FINALLY I learned my lesson. So, yes, this is a simple yet great tip for building webQuests!

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for the tips!

As I shared with you over email, I bet we could add podcasts to the WebQuest to add audio.

Here is the email I just sent you (and will share with the public):

....I started thinking about it, and I bet you could add podcasts to the WebQuest.

Have you done any podcasting? You could add links in each section.

I have added some podcasts to my ED301 class (undergraduate):

Listen to this one (do not laugh): http://blip.tv/file/1496668/ It was really easy!

Here is a tutorial blog that you can read from the beginning. It helped me along: http://podcourse.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps!

Thanks again, Taran. =)

Ron's Blog said...

Hi Taran,

Just want to give you a pithy "thank you" for your exceptional team approach in providing the various links on WebQuesting!