Monday, February 23, 2009

Inspiration

I downloaded a free trial of Inspiration at http://www.inspiration.com/Freetrial. I tried to navigate through the "help" or tutorial section, but I wasn't really getting the information that I needed to understand what Inspiration was or how to use it. However, once I watched the videos that Dr. Luongo posted "Using Inspiration" and "Inspiration Tutorial", I got a much better understanding of its function. As a matter of fact, in the business world, we used software like this during our brainstorming sessions. If memory serves me correctly, there were several applications that enabled us to do this. One was Visio, another was Microsoft Project. I think Inspiration is a great tool to use to teach children, especially since I can attest first hand that tools like this will be used in the workforce and their careers.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

It is such a nice visual brainstorming tool. I have used it whole class (on a SmartBoard) as well as indiviudally and in group projects.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Taran said...

Dr. Luongo, I have a basic idea of what a SmartBoard is, but can you elaborate further? My kids' school doesn't have them but I really think that in the future, every school should invest in them. What are some of the functions that it has, advantages, disadvantages, etc.? Thanks.